Search This Blog

Thursday 14 March 2013

Day One On Banana Island - Thriving

I had people asking me today how I'm surviving on Banana Island and my response is that I'm not only surviving, I am THRIVING.  I was so incredibly happy all day, smiling, laughing and giddy from all of the serotonin.  I was also satisfied and full and able to get between meals without snacking on bananas in between. ***with the exception of banana ice cream after I got home from the screening of the documentary Miss Representation. http://www.missrepresentation.org/the-film/ 

Here's a quick look at my first day:

~Woke up and drank one litre of water.

~Exercised for 30 minutes on the rebounder (mini trampoline) to Justin Bieber and did some yoga/stretching.

~My thought for the day was "Do not think any about yourself that you don't wish to become true."

~Made 2 smoothies - one with 8 spotted, ripe bananas blended with one cup of filtered water for breakfast . And a 6 banana smoothie with water to take for lunch at work along with three medium bananas. 
***Just Bananas and water!***

~I drank another litre of water in between smoothies. I was really thirsty from all the sugar!

~Supper: 7 Bananas ate monkey style. I was going to make ice cream but didnt have time before the movie. That's the beauty of bananas, so easy to eat, no prep, no utensils needed. I even snuck one into the theatre along with another bottle of filtered water.

~I came home from the movie and made a small dish of banana ice cream (video coming soon!) - it's one of my biggest challenges to get from supper to bed without eating - which is a big sign that I need to be going to bed earlier! 

~I am going to end the night with a meditation. Today is day four of the 21-Day Meditation Challenge with Deepak Chopra. I usually start the day with it but didn't have time to fit both a meditation and a workout in. I knew that I was more likely to meditate than exercise later in the day!



The tally is 28 Bananas, approximately 2800 calories, 30 minutes of exercise plus working on my feet 6 hours, 2 and a half litres of water, 6 hours of sleep last night (not enough!) and 100 smiles and laughs today. All in all, I'd say it was a huge success, I couldn't be happier right now. 



My morning 8 Banana and water smoothie.




Follow me on YouTube:
or on Facebook:






No comments:

Post a Comment