Search This Blog

Sunday 17 March 2013

Kiss Me. I'm Bananas!



Happy St. Patrick's Day!


So I decided to dress up the pups for a quick photo shoot for St Patty's Day this morning. I kept them sitting pretty with their favorite treat- you guessed it....bananas! Gabby even eats the peels! She will jump up on the counter to grab them when I'm not looking. Also, in honor of St Patty's Day I made myself a green smoothie to take to grandmas...but not just any green smoothie - normally I use spinach, kale, romaine...but today I went a little bananas and added dried raw seaweed! Everyone in the car thought it was crazy but it actually tasted pretty good.  Or maybe I just wanted something other than bananas!?  I have read that others doing Banana Island sometimes incorporate greens. The last time I was on the island, I did 10 days only bananas and 4 days bananas and greens. My body must have been craving it because I was salivating at the thought of eating my seaweed banana creation by the time we got to Swift Current. The roads weren't that good but we made it safely to my Grandmas...isn't she beautiful?


We spent the afternoon visiting with family and going through old family photos. I could seriously create an entire awkward family photo album! 
Dad brought fresh fish that he caught the day before, Nikki brought her vegan cabbage rolls and I brought a suitcase of bananas! 



 I told you they were awkward!

I am officially half way done my banana island challenge! Woo hoo! It's flying by fast. I thought today would be easier than yesterday but it wasn't. My cravings are much harder to sit with when Nikki's cooking is in the house and she makes the best Vegan Cabbage Rolls. Tomorrow should be easy as I probably wont feel like eating anything after getting my wisdom tooth pulled! It's my first one so wish me luck! I hope some carries over from today! 

Day 4

30 bananas! and 5 baby bananas

Two and a half litres of water

No exercise - stuck in a car all day...must workout double tomorrow! 

8 hours of sleep

Follow me on YouTube:
or on Facebook:



No comments:

Post a Comment