Search This Blog

Friday 1 March 2013

Pineapple Salsa and Cauliflower Fried Rice


This was a super tasty meal. I cut up half of a head of cauliflower and tossed it on a bed of romaine lettuce. Then I added a whole bunch of pineapple salsa to the top. It was extremely satisfying.  I really enjoyed the sweetness of the pineapple with the savouriness of the cilantro, green onion and tomato. And the cauliflower added the crunch I was looking for.




I absolutely love cauliflower. I used it as my "chips" when I make my sweet potato hummus dip or guacamole. I also use it as my rice in sushi rolls, or just eat it like rice with a squeeze of lemon and blueberries! The next recipe I want to try is cauliflower popcorn in the dehydrator! I will keep you posted on how that turns out, but until then here's a recipe I saw the other day for cauliflower fried rice that looked simply amazing: ( I tweaked it a little to dis-include animal products)

CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE

INGREDIENTS:

1 head organic cauliflower- cut into florets and steamed

2 stalks celery
1/2 small red onion minced
3 garlic cloves minced
2 Tbsp fresh basil finely diced
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Place steamed cauliflower in a food processor and pulse a few times to break up the florets into a rice-like texture. You can also do this with a potato masher or fork in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onions, garlic and celery. Saute for 3-5 min. 
  3. Add the cauliflower, basil and sea salt and saute another 7-10 minutes until the veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy! 

Give it a try and let me know if you like it!

Naturally Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment