Do you like Catalina salad dressing? Catalina and Ranch used to be my two favorites!
I was craving a big salad for supper tonight with lots of cremini mushrooms but didn't know what to make for a dressing. So I looked in my fridge to find a red pepper, a tomato, a mango and a lemon. I blended the four ingredients together and it was delish! So tasty and it reminded me a little of Catalina salad dressing. So I googled a Catalina recipe and added a few ingredients to my blended fruit dressing. I added one clove of garlic, one green onion, 2 pitted medjool dates and 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder. And voila, Catalina dressing for the first time in over a year. It was delicious!
My salad was very sweet and simple: 2 heads of romaine lettuce, one chopped tomato, a container of cremini mushrooms sliced, and 2 chopped and pitted medjool dates. It was the perfect combination for the Catalina dressing. It's made entirely of fresh veggies and fruit, so it's naturally low fat, oil free, dairy-free, gluten-free, raw, vegan yumminess.
Catalina Salad Dressing
1 red pepper
1 green onion
1 glove of garlic
2 pitted medjool dates
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Wash and chop up the tomato, red pepper, mango and green onion and throw in the high speed blender or food processor.
- Squeeze the lemon from one lemon and add in the lemon juice. Try not to get the seeds in.
- Remove the pits and chop up two medjool dates and add to the blender/processor.
- Toss in the garlic and 1/4 tsp of mustard powder.
- Blend on high speed and enjoy!!
Please Like | Share | Comment
Like and subscribe to Naturally Ashley on facebook to receive recipes, motivation and inspirational posts, at https://www.facebook.com/NaturallyAshleyNutrition