Search This Blog

Monday 20 May 2013

Four Dogs and One Long Weekend

I hope everyone had a great long weekend!  I did! Lots was happening, I did a newborn photoshoot Sunday morning, my girlfriend from high school got married on Saturday, I worked the Carrie Underwood concert Friday and went out dancing with my sisters afterwards. All of which took it's toll on me, especaily because I am juice cleansing right now. I do not recommend staying up late while juice fasting! Sunday I felt hungover even though I didn't drink anything but water and pure grapefruit juice.

I did a video on Saturday about how I was feeling after getting annoyed at the dogs.
(Click here to watch -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJdxsg2BTR8)
I have three dogs and I was babysitting my sister Nikki's Pyrenees/Shepard Lucy. Look at how pretty she is!


This is Chase. He is 17! 

 Gabby Girl 

Sir Winston Crumb  

With four dogs, I bet you can imagine that if one started barking all of them did- not great for nap time! I felt bad for my neighbours. And I wound up getting pretty mad a frustrated with them, opening the screen door to yell. When I did I noticed that my intestines became instantly inflamed. And since I am juice cleansing (and feeling great intestinally so far) I immediately knew there was a connection between the emotions I was choosing and the way my body felt. I was agitated and inflamed and so were my guts. It actually makes perfect sense now that I think about it and I am grateful for the lesson here - The next time my digestive system feels irritated and inflamed, I will not only stop to think about what I have ate, I will stop and think about what I am thinking, how I am feeling and check in with my emotions. Are these thoughts serving me? Or are they taking away from my inner peace and happiness.  How could I look at this differently? I could be grateful for the protection and unconditional love from 4 awesome pooches.

Just be LOVE people! Love yourself, Love your body, Love each other. And pay attention to your thoughts. If you find yourself in a challenging situation, turn around and ask what is the lesson here? What is the universe trying to teach me to help propel me forward. I am definitely more in touch with how my emotions and thought effect my body because of this cleanse.


Today is day 7 of 10! It feels great to get through a whole week and know there's only three days left. I have been sticking to Orange Juice, Green Juice and Coconut water but yesterday decided to make a sweet-treat juice out of longan fruit! It was tedious peeling and deseeding them but it was sooo worth it to get this sweet and silky juice. I used a whole bag with 1/4 cup of water blended in the Vitamix and strained with a nut-milk bag.  










































Longan Juice!

I will be posting a wrap-up video on or after day ten to share my full experience with you! 

Lots of love and fresh squeezed hugs, 

Naturally Ashley
xo 

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos: 

Find me on Facebook for inspiration and recipes: 






No comments:

Post a Comment